High quality orthopedic shoes for hallux valgus is one of the most reliable ways to fight the disease.
Almost everyone faces diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Diseases are congenital and acquired. One of the potential problems in this area is hallux valgus.
Such a diagnosis is made both for children who have just risen to their feet and for adults. More often for women, less often for men.
High quality orthopedic shoes for hallux valgus is one of the most reliable ways to fight the disease.
What is hallux valgus?
Hallux valgus is an orthopedic disease of people of different ages and sexes. In adults, the disease appears more often after 30 years. According to orthopedic doctors, the diagnosis is made in 20-65% of cases when women complain of leg pain. For men, the percentage is lower - 5-15%. The disease is progressive.
In case of disease, the anatomy of the foot changes - a lump-like growth appears on the first toe, the toe deviates from its normal position. Pressure is exerted on the adjacent fingers, as a result of which they change shape, taking on a "hammer-like" appearance. There is a general imbalance in the functions of the muscles, tendons, ligaments of the leg. Its front part widens, flat legs appear. In a normal position, when walking, support occurs on the first and last toes. The second, third, fourth form an arc with the tip on the bone of the third finger. With flat feet, all the toes come down like a fan, distributing pressure between them. Changes in anatomy often lead to impaired blood circulation in the front of the foot, which causes arthritis and osteoarthritis.
The curvature appears in stages:
- at first, there is a concern when wearing ordinary shoes. It seems she got smaller, started squeezing her fingers. Choosing comfortable shoes in the store is becoming more and more difficult - you need to buy a pair of larger sizes to avoid the feeling of pressure. This is due to the fact that the angle of deviation of the finger increases;
- in the evening, pain is felt all over the leg. The pains gradually "shift" in time, appearing at any time of the day, and instead, "rising" in the ankle, calf muscles;
- the first toe deviates more and more noticeably to the side, deforms - a lump-like growth appears in the joints;
- other toes undergo deformation, flat transverse feet develop;
- the curvature is visible to the naked eye, constant pain appears when walking.
The disease is congenital and acquired. Congenital pathology occurs due to violations of the formation of the bones of the foot, their position during intrauterine development. Congenital disease appears in the first months after birth.
There are several reasons for the development of acquired "foot valgus":
- muscle hypotonia. It is diagnosed in premature infants, newborns with poor health and physical retardation. Hypotension is one of the signs of rickets. Prolonged plaster coating can lead to hypotension;
- improper development of ligaments, muscles, tendons, other diseases of the musculoskeletal system (for example, osteoporosis);
- some diseases - cerebral palsy, polio, dysplasia;
- injuries - fractures, sprains, dislocations of the leg;
- overweight Too much weight increases the pressure on the foot, especially on the first toe, resulting in flat feet;
- Wrong shoes The reason for the most common occurrence of the disease in women are high-heeled shoes with narrow toes. In such "vessels" the weight of the body falls on the front of the leg. The foot is deformed, growths appear on the bone of the first toe. Therefore, it is not recommended to wear a "hair" for a long time; should only be worn on special occasions for a maximum of 2 hours. For everyday wear, it is better to choose comfortable shoes with low and durable heels.
One of the most common causes of deformity in children is standing up too early, when muscles and ligaments are not yet ready for such high loads. You can determine the curvature by looking at how the baby walks. With a normal development, the foot is placed all over the foot, with pathology - only in its inner part. Abnormal development can be determined by the nature of the shoe wear - it is worn from the inside.
The development of the disease is characterized by a violation of the shape of the lower leg - in the shape of the letter X. Walking becomes unsteady, clumsy. Pathology does not appear only from the outside. The child talks about pain in the ankle and spine when walking, avoids outdoor games. In the evening, the legs may swell, cramps begin in the calves. If the symptoms are ignored, the disease progresses, concomitant diagnoses appear - osteoarthritis, scoliosis, deformity of the knee and ankle joints.
Orthopedic shoes for hallux valgus: advantages, types
Treatment of the disease depends on the degree of its manifestation and the strength of the pain. At an advanced stage, only one operation is often able to correct the pathology - the removal of a growth on the finger. In the early stages, the disease is successfully treated with physiotherapy exercises, physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory drugs. Pain medications are prescribed to reduce the pain.
An important part of treatment for hallux valgus is wearing orthopedic shoes.
- Helps to properly distribute the load on the legs, which improves muscle and ligament development. Stress in joints that are subjected to excessive stress is reduced.
- Prevents deformation of joints.
- Evenly distributes the load throughout the musculoskeletal system.
- The correct, beautiful gait and posture is formed.
In the case of diagnosing hallux valgus, orthopedic shoes are not a cure for all problems. But it is an important part of a comprehensive approach to treating, relieving symptoms, and preventing disease progression. Wearing special medical shoes is prescribed for prophylactic purposes in order to exclude recurrence of the disease after a successful operation.
Orthopedic shoes are chosen depending on the type and degree of development of the deformity. Its main purpose is to maintain the correct position of the foot, avoiding bending of the foot.
The days when orthopedic shoes attracted attention with their ugly appearance are a thing of the past. Today they are not only comfortable but also attractive in appearance. Stores have options for different seasons - summer, winter, demi-season. Manufacturers produce all kinds of orthopedic shoes: boots, shoes, boots, sandals, sneakers. Healing versions look very nice, from the outside they do not differ from the usual couples.
In the development of orthopedic pads, not only the degree and form of disease development are taken into account, but also the sex of the patient and his age. In men, women, children, the disease proceeds in different ways; to correct the deformation, attention must be paid to the various points.
Orthopedic shoes for men
In men, hallux valgus is rare. But still, the disease occurs in them, it becomes a consequence of various concomitant diseases. The doctor may recommend wearing medical shoes, if there is a risk of developing such a deformity, to prevent bending. Especially if there are diagnoses such as overweight, flat feet, inflammatory processes in the ligaments often occur.
Finding the right pair of boots is not easy. They should sit well on their feet, cause no discomfort, and support the arch of the foot and ankle well. Sometimes you can not find the right couple in the store. Then it is made to order. To do this, a plaster is taken from the foot, first a three-dimensional plaster model is made for the block, then the block itself, along which the details for the next pair are cut. The process is complicated and expensive, so the price of such a sample is quite high.
Orthopedic shoes for women
In women, this curvature occurs several times more often. One of the reasons is the habit of constantly wearing high-heeled shoes. Some women do not part with their favorite "stilettos" all day, taking them only at night. The front legs and first toe are constantly stressed, holding all the weight of the body. Tight toe shoes do not improve the situation either. The finger is constantly compressed, its blood circulation is disturbed, which also leads to disease. Over the years, the foot deforms, pain appears in the toes and ankle. You need to give up your favorite shoes and switch to low heels. But ordinary shoes are not able to cope with the situation - the feeling of discomfort when walking does not disappear. Healing shoes help to evenly distribute the load, to stop the progressive nature of the disease.
The range of healing samples for women is wide. In stores, online catalogs, there are orthopedic boots, shoes, boots, open summer sandals of different colors, styles, made of natural leather, artificial, suede, nubuck. The only one is a wedge heel or a small heel (maximum - 5 centimeters). Different foot thickness is taken into account - many samples can be adjusted in width with straps or fasteners.
Orthopedic shoes for children
The pediatrician prescribes the wearing of medical shoes for children, both with a curve already identified, and for preventive purposes. There are two types of baby models:
- uncomplicated. They have inserted elements (insoles, key boots), whose task is to correct the breach. For convenience, these elements can be sewn into the pattern;
- complex. The shoes are made to order, based on the throw of the feet made after the measurements.
To prevent curvature, pediatricians advise wearing medical shoes from early childhood. Parents should exclude slippers, sandals, sneakers with flat heels without arch support.
What to look for when choosing shoes
An orthopedic pair is chosen personally, as each foot has its own characteristics. When worn, the shoe "fits" the shape of the foot. Parents should remember: the baby should not wear shoes for older children, otherwise his foot will get the same pathologies as them.
When choosing a treatment option for children, it is important to consider:
- quality of materials. Couples are made for the baby from natural materials. They allow air to pass well, allowing the foot to "breathe";
- the quality of tailoring. Carefully check the luggage, the quality of the seams, the inner surface - there can be no protruding seams, all elements are neatly sewn. This will eliminate the look of cutting while dressing;
- compatibility with foot anatomy. A doctor’s recommendation will help, which will indicate which details you should pay attention to;
- conformity with size. A child can not buy sneakers "for growth", which many parents do, given how quickly the child's foot grows. In shoes that are too big, it will be uncomfortable for him to walk, walking will become unsafe, moving. The habit of cleaning the feet will remain even after the foot "grows" in the boots. A block that is too small will squeeze the leg, causing it to bend even more. Shoes for baby should be chosen exactly in size.
Pay attention to each element of the couple. Inside the shoe there is a dense, wrinkle-free insole. At the bottom there is a small heel, which gives the foot the right position and prevents the appearance of flat feet. The sole sole is also important. It is better if there are rotating elements. Special attention should be paid to winter shoes. Make sure the top layer is made of frost-resistant material and will not slip.
The boots are specially designed for a child with deformed feet. The latter is comfortable, supporting the foot well in the right position. To do this, a side ankle sock, a sturdy back are sewn into children’s boots. Additional support is provided by laces, Velcro laces, tiered layers.
When buying shoes for an adult, also make sure they fit exactly. Too tight will hit the foot and too loose will not prevent further deformation. Shoes should fit not only in length but also in width. The correct pair fits the foot well, but does not put pressure on it. Pay attention to the background - it should be dense and high. Otherwise, the shoes will not support the foot well in the proper position. The weight of the couple is of great importance. Too heavy shoes will cause fatigue in your feet.
Orthopedic shoes are often made by masters in salons according to personal measurements. There are manufacturers that produce such samples in large quantities.